My New Favorite Outfit: Chelsea and Ginny Take on: Labor Day!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Chelsea and Ginny Take on: Labor Day!



Today is a big day on the blog! I'm starting a new series with my sister, Chelsea at Whatcha Makin' Now, and I'm starting a new mini-series this week to help you all transition your clothes from Summer to Fall.

Chelsea and I have so much fun blogging and wanted to come up with a weekly way to collaborate. We came up with this "Take On" series.  Each week we will take on a topic, adventure, or holiday that you'll need to dress and prepare food for.  This week we're taking on Labor Day.  I call this the unofficial end of summer. Whomp, whomp. It's a great opportunity to get together with friends and grill, for sure.  The weather starts to change some too, so today I'm showing you how to make shorts last a little while longer, and dress comfortably and stylishly for your Labor Day celebrations.

I think the jean jacket is the perfect addition to many outfits, including this one.  This summer I wore these shorts a ton with a simple chambray or tank top; that won't cut it as it begins to cool down.  Adding a jean jacket keeps this outfit casual, but will make sure you don't get too cool grilling with friends and family.

Comeback Wednesday for my second tip to making the "Season Switch" with your wardrobe. And make sure to check out my sisters link below for a fabulous Labor Day drink!







































Jean Jacket: The Limited (circa 2004ish) similar
Top: Loft $20 similar
Shorts: Loft $20 similar
Necklace: Stella and Dot Rebel
Bracelets: Stella and Dot RenegadeTriple WrapMoxie
Shoes: Aero 2 $26 similar

Now to my fabulous sister Chelsea.  This week she is sharing the recipe for a delicious drink called "Strawberry Lemonade Beer." She's also come up with a non-alcoholic  version too, sweet!  Make sure to stop by Whatcha Makin' Now for the details on how to make this delicious drink, perfect for your Labor Day Celebrations!





23 comments:

  1. What a fun collaboration! The Strawberry Lemonade Beer looks delicious. It would be a nice switch from my Lime-A-Ritas :)

    I agree about the denim jacket. It is so versatile and perfect for transitioning into fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The denim jacket looks so cute with your floral shorts! I'll also be wearing my denim jacket a lot this fall. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a series, so nice that you can do it with your sister.
    I agree about the jean jacket such a great piece to transition with, I will be wearing mine a lot.
    Excited by your sisters drink! Going to check her blog out.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Ginny. I'm doing that as well, showing different ways of transitioning into Fall. Love it. Love this one, transitioning your shorts to Fall.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable outfits! Love the jean jacket with the shorts! And strawberry lemonade beer?! YES PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sisters are the best! It makes me so happy that you guys are collaborating on such a fun idea. I agree that I will be wearing my jean jacket a lot this fall. I actually need to find a new one, because mine has a few holes in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome collaboration idea! I definitely like to keep wearing my shorts if I can, by adding layers. And Chelsea's drink looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome collaboration idea! I definitely like to keep wearing my shorts if I can, by adding layers. And Chelsea's drink looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful of sister's collaboration!

    I love the floral of fall, the short is so cute. you look fantastic!

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great collaboration! I love adding layers on top so you can continue wearing shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how adding a jacket to an outfit can take it quickly from summer to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love denim jackets! They are timeless and seasonal. You look great,as always, and I look forward to learning some cooking tricks from your cute sister! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will steal that necklace from you one of these days. I'm so glad we are going this weekly post! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute outfit! I love the printed shorts and jean jacket together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pairing shorts with blazers and sweatshirts for fall
    You did a great job styling yours
    Popping over to your sisters blog now
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for stopping by, you have a lovely day:)!

    speaks to you again on our next posts!

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you're blogging with your sister! How much fun for you both. I'll have to check out the strawberry lemonade beer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your switched up look! I think it looks gorgeous on you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun that you get to collaborate with your sister! And I love this post challenge! I think this is a practical but super cute way to transition :)

    ~Jacy

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun collaboration that surely will be Ginny....and a denim jacket is truly a great way to transition to colder climes!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute! A denim jacket can really help the transition to fall. Love your outfit.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it's so cool that both you and your sister blog. What a fun hobby to share together! :) I also love the addition of a jean jacket to an outfit...I just got mine this spring, so I can't wait to wear it in the fall to make my summer outfits transition to the new season :)

    ReplyDelete