My New Favorite Outfit: Find the Right Suit for Your Shape

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Find the Right Suit for Your Shape


Well folks, it's officially swimsuit season, and if you're anything like me walk through a sea of suits unsure of what will look good on you.  I decided to take the tips from my  Dressing for Your Shape series and apply them to swim suits.  Today I decided to try to help you all out and share some suits from Target that could be great options for your body type. I've picked both one pieces and two piece options for many of these, but you know your comfort level, so if you're past the point of a bikini (like myself) I've got some great tankini and one piece options too!


First up, I thought I'd share some great options for you ladies who have larger chests.  Below I'm showing four great options:
  • The first two are bikinis and what makes these two options great is the wider top and built in cups.  This will give you the support you need when you're living it up at the beach or pool.  
  • The third option is a tankini that also has great built in support and the panelled sides will also help accentuate your fab shape.
  • The fourth suit comes in red, black and green and also has great built in support.  I also like the halter style because you can easily adjust it to fit your needs. 


Next I thought I'd share some great suits for you pear shaped ladies:
  • The first two options are bikinis with ruffled tops, just because you're a pear shape doesn't mean you can't rock a bikini and the ruffled details will draw the eye up and away from any curves you are self-conscious about.  The bottoms on these two are a bit wider, but a boy cut could also be a great option if you feel a little self-conscious in a bikini brief.
  • The third option is a great tankini.  The top is a great stripe to draw the eye up and the basic bottom will help to downplay any curves you'd like to.
  • The next two suits use colorblocking which can help trick the eye and downplay curves too.
  • The last option is a great one shoulder tank with flattering ruching.  This will also draw the eye up and is a great feminine pink while modest at the same time.


Next I'll share some great suits for you apple shaped ladies:
  • The first option is a loose fitting tankini.  This can help to hide a tummy you're self-conscious about, and the ruffle details will help draw the eye up too.
  • The next two options are get one pieces with ruching.  This is very flattering and both suits come in multiple colors. 
  • The last option is a long tankini with ruching.  If a one piece isn't for your this tanki is a great option as it's modest, but the details on top help draw the eye up and away from your tummy.


Lastly, I'll share some great options for your girls who are rectangularly shaped like myself.  I am not a bikini girl myself, and honestly created this with myself in mind.  Just because you're rectangular doesn't  mean you can't wear a bikini, however these once piece and tankini options will help create the illusion of an hourglass figure where there isn't one.
  • First is a tank with white piping, the polka dots are adorable and the piping will help create more of a shape for you.
  • Second is this beautiful tank with this great angular pattern, This print will help create a shape and the details up top are so perfect too.
  • Third is a tank with cut-outs on the side.  There are lots of options for cut-outs this year and this can help to define your waist too.
  • The last three options show side panels which trick the eye into thinking you have a more defined waist.  I adore the polka dot and striped one!



9 comments:

  1. Love that polka dot and striped retro looking one! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be afraid of two pieces but I figure I'm only alive once and in my twenties once. People can turn away if they don't like what they see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of the retro polka dot swimsuits and your choices for large-chested women. I also agree with Alissa 100%. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing - I didn't know target had any d-cup swimwear and I'd like to try it out. Of course it's online only, but what else is new?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swimsuits are definitely not most women's best friends!!!!!! Rouching is a girl's best friend. Love your options!!!!

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a large chest but that polka dot bikini is super cute!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I'm so glad you did this. Now I have my eye on a few of the Target suits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving all the cute one-piece options that stores have had lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of these! Thanks for sharing!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete