My New Favorite Outfit: Greater

Monday, December 1, 2014

Greater

I'm a big fan of music. And Singing.  I usually spend my day with a song in my head, and I've been caught in my classroom more than once singing to myself during plan time.  Grant is a big fan of music too.  We love singing together and I'll catch Grant singing to himself too. Currently our favorite song is "Greater" by Mercy Me. Grant gets super excited when it's on the radio and says things like, "Mom, it's our favorite song!" Here's the video:

           

I feel like the lyrics are so powerful, take a peek at the first stanza:

"Bring your tired
Bring your shame
Bring your guilt
Bring your pain
Don’t you know that’s not you’re name
You will always be much more to me"

God doesn't define us in terms of our weaknesses, guilt, or shame.  Once we have asked for forgiveness and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior our slates are wiped clean.  We mean more to God then the mistakes of our past.

Here's the chorus, which runs through my head numerous times a day:

"Cause I hear a voice and He calls me redeemed
When others say I’ll never be enough
And greater is the One living inside of me
Than he who is living in the world"

God is greater and more powerful than our problems, our hurt, our pain, and the people who make us feel like less than we are.  He is greater. He desires for us to come to Him and lay it all down at his feet.  He doesn't condemn us; He forgives us.  No sin is bigger than God and no sin is so big that God won't forgive it.

Just because God has forgiven us, and we're trying our best doesn't mean we'll be perfect or that life will be for that matter.  There will be days we feel we're failing, but that's ok, because when you have Jesus trials in this life are temporary. You have heaven waiting for you!

I love the last stanza because speaks to how I'm striving to live my life!

"I am learning to run freely
Understanding just how He sees me
And it makes me love Him more and more"

God loves us, imperfections and all.  We shouldn't get down on ourselves, because God doesn't view us a failures. He sees us as His children, pure and blameless, and if He sees that, then who am I to argue. 




Last week I got the change to go shopping with a girlfriend, which is a real treat! I picked up this sweater for only $30.  After White Plum sent me these leggings I've been wanting to wear them like crazy.  I really needed a long tunic to wear them with and this sweater is perfection!  If you order I would size down though, it runs big.


Sweater: J.Crew Factory same
Leggings: White Plum c/o same
Necklace: Sira Mara same
Boots: Unisa c/o DSW same

13 comments:

  1. I love how festive your leggings are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking yesterday about how God doesn't promise us perfection here on Earth. But if we follow Him, we are promised an eternity of perfection with Him. How cool is that?! I actually ordered these leggings yesterday and plan to wear them to a Christmas party with my girl and her friends. Thanks Ginny! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tunic sweater! I almost got it in beige but just couldn't decide. If they had the burgundy I totally would have bought it. It's adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a nice song, and what a lovely reminder. Cute tunic sweater Ginny. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I say, I am so loving the daily dose of devotional and fashion. It is the perfect mix and I feel so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, God is greater than anything we can ever imagine. I hear that song all the time on K-Love here. Love that sweater. I remember seeing it at J.Crew Factory. Cute leggings too! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun outfit and a great song. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog, great message! I am following She Reads Truth as you mentioned them recently. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pockets on this sweater, seriously so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great words, especially during this time of year
    Cute leggings
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that song! You look great!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty song-I love the lyrics so much!

    Thanks for the tip on the tunic. My friend suggested I wear one to a concert this week but I realized I don't have any in my wardrobe-a shocking oversight that I must soon correct :)

    ReplyDelete