My New Favorite Outfit: Sometimes You Need to Breathe

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sometimes You Need to Breathe

I'll admit it, I'm a task master. When I start something, I finish it in a timely manner. I create timelines for my classes at school and I don't like to veer from them...ever. Here's the reality though: sometimes things happen that knock me off my "A game" and keep me from finishing something when I want to. And I don't like it. Not one bit.  When I have a plan I want it to go MY way.

Take last week for example. We had two snow days. While students and many teachers were cheering, I was not. Why you ask? I had a plan and a timeline, and those two days when my kids weren't in school messed with MY timeline. I know God is laughing at me while I type this. Seriously.

The two days off ended up being wonderful, of course. Sometimes you just need to breathe. Grant and I played like crazy. We did crafts, science experiments, dressed up, and snuggled up to watch a movie.

I think sometime snow storms are literally "acts of God" which serve as a reminder that we aren't in charge and our plans aren't always the most important or the best. They serve as a reminder as to how little I actually control and put the vastness of life in perspective. 

Jeremiah 29:11 say "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord." We can create all the plans we want, but ultimately God is in control.  The planner in me actually finds a lot of peace in this. Left to my own devices, who knows what kind of trouble I could get myself into? God is bigger than my plans or yours and today I want to rest in that, and I hope you can too.


I took this pictures last weekend while we still had snow, but it was melting. Now the weather will be in the 50s all week. Our weather has been so weird! I really love this combo.  I know I've worn this vest about a hundred times on here, but I just can't get enough!  Today I decided to pair it with this J.Crew dress I scored from thredUp (use this link for $10 off your first purchase). I used to be so leery about ordering online due to fit, etc. but now I hardly ever go to an actual store...other than Target that is.  What about you, what's your take on online shopping?




Dress: J.Crew similar via thredUp (use this link for $10 off your first purchase)
Vest: Target similar
Necklace: Mariposa Medley c/o similar
Bracelets: chloe + isabel  c/o same Stella and Dot
Heels: Merona same


Linking up with:

8 comments:

  1. WOW 50s weather? I am jealous. This outfit is quite elegant, feminine and very sexy. I am in love with that leopard dress. You can always send it to me lol. =)

    Have a Great V-Day Ginny! Always a pleasure stopping by.


    <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in a tiny town so I do 95% of my shopping on line. I have not been to the mall since July!! I am styling a ThreadUp item today too! Love the dress!! And I would wear that vest every day if I had it!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you! I do almost all my shopping online now. Well, as long as I can do returns in store and get shipping free! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite verse. I hope to get a tattoo representing it some day. So great to know God is ultimately in control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that verse, it is definitely one of five I memorized verbatim. Great patterned dress and the vest is an even greater addition.
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a scripture bangle with Jeremiah 29:11 on it- what comfort it brings me! Love that verse! :)

    XO,
    Gentry
    Girl Meets Bow

    ReplyDelete
  7. This verse has been on my heart the past few months too. Sometimes I really struggle with letting things go to God and trying to not compare myself to others, but ultimately He knows what's best for us at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The print of your dress is so pretty. We have had a few snow days recently too...actually they were more like ice days lol

    ReplyDelete