I'm excited to be continuing my Building A Wardrobe Series again today. One the first day of the series I shared Essential Blazers and Jackets, one day two I shared Essential Cardigans, on day three I shared Essential Skirts, on day four I shared Essential Jeans and Dress Pants, and on day five I shared Essential Shoes and Accessories. Today I'll be continuing my Building A Wardrobe Series by sharing some essential shirts with you. As important as it can be to have a few basic tops, a great shirt can be the focal point of any outfit or definitely make a good outfit great. Here are my thoughts on essential shirts:
- I've think there are five shirts that are essential to any mixable wardrobe, and that includes: a stripe shirt, chambray, gingham, a detailed blouse, and a polka dot shirt. These pieces can go with so many things!
- Like I said above, basics are great, but often the key to a great outfit is a shirt that is a little more special than a plain tee shirt. Think about color, texture, and print when you buy tops, they are guaranteed to help make your look great!
- I recommend not just getting a plain white, black, gray, shirt. I recommend getting one that has extra details, like a puckered neckline, or unique texture or lace. These details make the shirt more special, but definitely still versatile in your wardrobe.
- Fit is definitely important too. When buying make sure the buttons lay nicely on any button-down option and check the length too. Can it be worn both out and tucked in? This is definitely key in creating both dressy and casual looks with the same shirt.
- I picked some great additional options, I recommend getting a few great prints, like leopard, and I love the jeweled tops that have become popular too. I definitely think these tops are special and are great additions to your wardrobe, though they are not quite as versatile as the essential shirts I've listed.
Here's a visual of my shirt recommendations:
Blazer: Kika c/o same
Blouse: Target same
Necklace: Kendra Scott inspired c/o real deal
Jeans: Joe's Jeans similar
Heels: Feralicious similar