Here's a reminder of all the topics I covered:
- Essential Blazers and Jackets
- Essential Cardigans
- Essential Skirts
- Essential Jeans and Dress Pants
- Essential Shoes and Accessories
- Essential Shirts
- Essential Dresses
Here's a visual of all the pieces I recommend having as part of versatile wardrobe:
I've also created a checklist to help aid you in creating an essential wardrobe. Here' a printable copy!
- Take a minute to print and fill out the checklist by checking the things you still need in your closet.
- I also included a line for you to write in an additional items in that category you know you'd love to buy (for example, I didn't list a bright colored blazer as an essential, but you know that's on your wish list for fall, write it in!).
- This should help you narrow down the holes you have in your closet and make it easier for you to do some purposeful shopping.
- With these pieces, your outfit combinations are vertically limitless, and that is well worth your investment. : )
I went back through some past posts and pulled some looks that are created specifically with pieces from my Wardrobe Essentials listed above. I thought it would be some good inspiration for you all. The link to the full post is below each picture.
I love the whimsy of this outfit. The pieces individually seem so different, but together they totally work! For winter this would also be good with the slight change of tucking the shirt in and adding a navy blazer.
I love the classic look of this outfit and I always feel special wearing this lace detailed dress. Here I feel like the jewelry is the show piece of the look, without a great statement necklace this outfit might have felt plain.
I love how basic these pieces are individually but how they come together to create a great color palate.
I love the polka dot blouse with this combination. It brings a special touch to the look, but is still perfect for work.
I love the color combination her, one I hadn't thought about previously. When you have a closet with different essential pieces, the outfit combinations becomes limitless.
I love the subtle pattern mixing between the stripe shirt and print scarf. I also love pairing a traditionally dressy blazer with jeans, such as they boyfriend ones. The combination is perfect for when you want to dress casually but still look put together.
I hope you've found this series beneficial. It's been fun for me to write! I think I'll also plan to do a follow up series in the spring to add in versatile pieces to fit the changing season too. Also, next Tuesday I'll be posting on how to best utilized what you already have in your closet, so make sure to check back then : )