This dress is definitely one of my favorite pieces. I've worn it a number of times, but was kind of stuck on how to style it a different way until Lauren of Fizz and Frosting wore her leopard dress like this. I feel like the bright scarf was the perfect touch to her look, so I decided to give it a try myself. I really love how it came together. I don't think I have considered scarves with dresses much, but after this outfit I definitely think I need to consider it more. Finding out my closet is even more mixable definitely brightens my day! I think sometimes I take for granted the little things like this, so I thought today I'd share some of the simple loves in my life:
1. Clean. Sheets. Seriously, sleeping on clean sheets is the best! If I had the time I probably put on fresh daily instead of weekly.
2. Bubble baths with a book. I don't think I need to elaborate on the awesomeness that this is.
3. Pedicures- I used to go monthly before Grant was born and now I'm lucky to go twice a year. Over Christmas break Grant went to daycare a few times and on one of the days I went and pampered myself with a pedi and my feet have never been happier, seriously, that girl was amazing.
4. Compliments from fellow fashionistas; it always makes my day to have stylish ladies give me a compliment. Have you guys read The Five Love Languages? If not, you really should, mine is words of affirmation, AKA compliments. My husband is good at a lot of things, but compliments isn't high on his list, so you ladies really help me out it that department. : )
5. Gift cards for Christmas, I'm excited to shop Loft's new spring clothes and am loving this skirt.
6. The Grantster. He's a pretty sweet kid....I might just be slightly biased.
What about you? What makes your day? I'd love to hear about it.
Scarf: Craft Show almost exact
Cardigan: Banana Republic $7 (thrifted with tags) similar
tights: $5 TJ Maxx similar
Linking up with Lauren for Mix it Mondays. Here are two other ways I've worn this leopard dress: