My New Favorite Outfit: Where I am Now

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Where I am Now

I've got to be honest.  I've been feeling a little vain and shallow lately. I look at my Instagram feed and am a little lot embarrassed to see all the pictures of me in clothes.  I shared in my post on two years of blogging about working to find a balance between this hobby and really considering what truly matters.  Let's face it, clothes don't.

I think feeling good about yourself does matter, and I know that when I feel good about what I'm wearing my attitude is reflected in that. So, how does that translate into what I share here?

I want this little space to represent more than just me in clothes.   I want to share things that matter, that are important, and that might just help even one of you out in the process.   I still plan to still share my usual three outfit posts each week, but I want what I have to say to be more than just about clothes. We only get so much time here on earth and I want to make sure I'm really using it well.

Like the rising sun marking a new day in the photo below, I want this to mark a new life for this little blog.  So it's not a surprise, my faith is something really important to me and I do plan to share some faith related things on here. I don't want to make every post "heavy," I just want to make it more valuable. I hope you find what I have to say has value and that that you can relate and apply it to your life too.




18 comments:

  1. I love you are following your heart! It can be so hard to find balance in our lives. Looking forward to what is to come from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see where this leads you!! It was the best thing I ever did for my blog, because it means so much more to me to have people read it and really take something away from it! I can't wait to watch it evolve <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for where you will take this blog next! Good for you! Love that you want to do more with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited about this, Ginny! I think you can do both on this blog. Can't wait to read what God lays on your heart and also still using your outfits as inspiration to be frugal but fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to what's to come on your blog. I definitely share your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see where you this blog goes! I love all of your posts and can't wait for what's to come

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style, so I know I'll love whatever else you post here:) I like the idea of blogs evolving as we enter different seasons of our lives and want to switch things up a bit. I hope you're having a great day, and I can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should always follow your heart. Fashion & clothing are fun, but as you said they are not the most important when it comes to life. When God impresses something upon you, do it, and you are! I really look forward to this aspect of your blog because I know you are more than a woman who likes fashion. I am pleased to have found a sister in Christ sharing her faith.

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an exciting transition. I cant wait to read and see where you take us!
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you!!! I think this is great and will be a chance for you to get things off your chest and share more pieces of your life. It's a hard balance between being a "style" blogger, but also sharing your life...I think you can def make it work though and look forward to more of you faith related posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great plan! I'm excited to see where this goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, Gin! I'm on board with any direction you take your blog. Love ya, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read more about your life and faith! Something I also need to share more about :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ginny, I am 100% behind you! It's very important to write from the heart and I love your approach to this transition! Good for you:) Look forward to following you on this journey!

    Audrey
    www.audreysalutes.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so with you Ginny. I have the same struggle with finding a balance between writing about fun things like fashion and really writing from the heart about things that matter. I'm looking forward to reading your posts! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excited to see what you'll be sharing Ginny; I find your outfit posts very inspiring and enlightening but I'm sure you have more to share and I look forward to reading every word!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know that feeling. While mine is not a fashion blog, I did do a weekly fashion post quite regularly for a while and have done a few recently, but for some reason I feel the same way sometimes. I'm happy you're doing what feels right to you and not forcing yourself to do anything you don't want to do!

    ReplyDelete