My New Favorite Outfit: White Jeans Three Ways

Friday, May 24, 2013

White Jeans Three Ways

In super exciting news I was one of five winners in April's Thrift Store Runway Challenge, check out the other winners here.

Also, I had the opportunity to guest post at Midwest Style Bloggers and wanted to share the post with you all too.

 White jeans are all the rage right now, but knowing how to wear them isn't always easy, here are few things to keep in mind when choosing to wear white.

1.  Fit is key.  Try on several pair before buying.  Skimmers are a big trend right now, but other styles are available. Bootcut or flare might be more flattering on you, and you'll ultimately look better in a style that fits your body type.  Shape Magazine has a great article detailing this. Here's some of the basics:
  • Athletic- The flared jeans silhouette makes your legs look longer and leaner while accentuating your waist.
  • Curvy, Tall, or Petite- Bootcut will give you a sleek silhouette.
  • Boyish- Skinnys will make you look more shapely than you are.
  • Apple- Jeggings are the pant for you, they'll show off your great legs without pinching your waist.
 2.  Cost can make a difference, these jeans can be an investment piece you'll wear for years.                    Consider the quality when purchasing. Is the denim going to stretch within a half hour of wearing them, then fit incorrectly?  Sometimes spending more can pay off.

3.  White is a great neutral and almost anything can go with it! I've put together some great looks to suit almost any occasion.


Here are some other ideas for you:
Weekend Wear

Click on the picture below to go to the item's website:



Work Wear

Click on the picture below to go to the item's website:



Girl's Night

Click on the picture below to go to the item's website:



Here are a few ways I've styled my white jeans:
                       


25 comments:

  1. wow all outfit are amazing!my favourite the second!

    happy friday
    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing white jeans as we speak! I have a relaxed dress code at work thankfully, so they are totally do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my white jeans...I think I'll be wearing them a lot this summer. That work look is totally something I'd wear! Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take all of these outfits please ;) I don't own a pair yet, I have had a hard time finding ones that flatter me rather than show off my thighs a bit too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all 3 looks Ginny. They are all fabulous!!! Love the way you wore the white jeans as well. Have a great weekend.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all three of those looks so much! I am a big fan of white jeans! But I especially love #2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great looks, so pretty!!
    love the work look!

    xx
    Meital from Très Jolie fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that green blazer and mini black clutch! stunning picks and looks! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post with great tips! I recently had to return the white pants I just purchased because they were too big when I went to wear them (even though I know I tried them on before buying them!) And I'm super bummed because they were perfect and of course they didn't have the next size down when I exchanged them. So I'm on a cautious hunt to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm here for the first time and I have to say that I admire you. Being a wife, teacher, mom, blogger... needs a lof of effort. You're amazing person ;).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful looks......I would really love to find a pair of white skinnies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ginny, I bought white jeans the other week! I don't wear them as well as you though. I love your 3 outfit ideas, it's really helpful for someone like me who is useless with fashion. I need a personal shopper hint hint :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips, I love the outfit with the green blazer and the coral pink =)

    Hope you are having a great weekend and congrats on winning the challenge!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, congrats on winning the challenge!! I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should try white pants. They seem so versatile and classy! Ever since I had my baby, I get so nervous about wearing light colors ..hahahha..they'll end up stained with baby vomit or poop or [insert baby body fluid here]. I think those white skinny jeans are so beautiful though!

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    ReplyDelete
  15. You definitely know how to put together the best outfits! Nice I like them all! :)

    If you want you can participate in a giveaway on my blog! :)
    OASAP INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ginny, you have the best style blog! Thank you! I get so many outfit ideas from you. I love the white jeans with the coral top! Where do you do your thrift shopping? I can never find anything where I live. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I squealed when I figured out it was you!! Blessings! Susan www.charminglucy.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I didn't realise how versatile white jeans could be; all these looks are lovely and very appropriate for each context. I love the way you styled yours especially look number 3.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all these outfits! I don't have white jeans yet but I think it's time for me to get one haha. I think my favorite look is the workwear one. The stripe peplum top looks soooo cute with the white jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This reminds me that I need a new pair of white jeans! Love your third look the best, but all are great!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore white jeans. I've owned a pair since I was in college, all different styles. Now that I'm getting older I'm finding the more sophisticated ones are keys. Love the looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Ginny! I love these looks so bright and fun! I featured you on this weeks Fashion Informant! Thanks so much for sharing...you have fabulous style lady:)
    http://www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com/2013/05/fashion-informant-classic-bcbg.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this!!!!gave me some ideas hot to wear my white jeans:-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all of these outfits. Gives me some great ideas for ways to wear my white pants.

    ReplyDelete